Now we must travel back in time three weeks. We went to the farmers market on Saturday June 4th and got some really great stuff. We picked up some pork chops, salad greens, more fresh goat cheese, beets, snap peas and some juice. I was very excited cause there was summer blend juice which is apple and lemon juice blend, delicious and refreshing!!
For lunch on Saturday we made a delicious salad and grilled some roasted red pepper sausages. I made a dressing with honey, fresh garlic, red wine vinegar olive oil and salt and pepper. We mixed fresh blueberries, sunflower seeds, and some fresh cloves with the salad greens from the market. We also added some fresh goat cheese to the salad. It was very yummy!!
For dinner we made stir fry!! First I marinated tofu with soy sauce and lime juice which later we would pan fry. Veggies for stir fry included, yellow and green summer squash, snap peas, red pepper, red onion, carrots and mushrooms. Rice was brown rice with cilantro and lime juice. I added toasted sesame seeds to the sauce recipe I had from boot camp at Flavour. Pretty delicious, and the sesame seeds were a nice touch!!
On a particularly hot evening I came up with a very refreshing cocktail! Orange vodka, homemade lemonade, fresh mint and a slice of cucumber. It was refreshing and tasty. All that was missing was a nice deck outside to sit at! I guess we could have climbed out on the fire escape though it is a little crowded with all the plants...
The next post will be all about our first farm share!! Very exciting, and to wet your appetite: Stinging Nettles!!
Just a note on the photos, cause for some reason i can't format them they way I want, they should be easy enough to distinguish, but just in case, the one on the top is stir fry and the one below is salad!!
Looks delicious. The pictures are a nice touch.
ReplyDelete