Sunday, June 16, 2013

Busy Sunday, and muffins!!

So we have taken to cooking and baking on Sundays... And it is kinda awesome!  Today, we mixed up a double batch of maple, bacon, scallion and cheese biscuits and froze them. That way, they can be baked fresh in the morning (or whenever...) and enjoyed hot, right out of the oven!  We also mixed up a batch of granola, with pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and dried apricots, and sweetened with a little maple syrup and honey... I'm really looking forward to having that with some yogurt!  

For Sunday dinner we made a pretty big salad...  We had quite a lot of meat this weekend, and a big bowl of fresh veggies sounded pretty good.  We made our standard Asian dressing, which is just vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and peanut oil, brought to a boil and then cooled.  We had some Brussels sprouts that we steamed, some cabbage (red and green) and some lettuce mix from the farm share.  We tossed all that in the dressing with some scallions, and then toasted a package of Raman noodles and slivered almondsin some garlic butter to add some crunch!  Oh and we might have added some farm fresh strawberries to it as well... I have to say, it sounds a little strange all together, but it was tasty, and it really hit the spot.

Last week we made some cranberry orange muffins, which I toasted some almonds for and mixed them in also.  They are pretty tasty...  I mixed a couple of different recipes to create one I liked, so they have orange zest, and orange juice in them... Making them very orangey and tasty! 


Sam starts his new job this week, which is extremely exciting!  It also means we will be delving into meals that take shorter amounts of time to prepare, and also more snack like foods for the work day, somany more things done in e dehydrator! Though I might do a round of plain old kale chips tomorrow... We do have kale from our farm share in the fridge!  

No comments:

Post a Comment